F.A.Q. (Frequently Asked Questions)
Below you will find some of the more frequently asked questions that we receive. If your question is not addressed below, or you need clarification, please contact our client care staff by clicking the Contact Us link on this page.
Q: How does the order process work?
A: Ordering promotional products online is a little different than ordering a book or CD. Because each order is different and can have many options, each order must be reviewed by one of our staff member to make sure we have all the information to process your custom promotional product order properly.
The order process has 5 stages. Order Inquiry, Processing, Proofing, Production, & Shipping.
– Order Inquiry: Once you’ve chosen a product, click the “Order Now” link on the desired item’s page. Fill in and submit the simple Inquiry form. A member of our Client Care staff will then review your inquiry and contact you to gather any other needed information. Once all required information has been obtained we will then send you an order form via e-mail that includes the total base price, the price of any options you may have chosen, any applicable set-up charges, any applicable artwork charges, tax, and estimated shipping charges. Once you approve, sign, and return the order form to us, your order will the move to the next stage of the order process.
– Processing: Once we receive your signed order form, your order will be processed, your credit card will be charged, and the order will be forwarded to the factory which in turn will prepare your order for production. This process usually takes about 3 business days (Monday-Friday).
– Proofing: Every order must be proofed by the factory. This is to ensure correctness of your desired imprint. A proof will be provided by the factory producing your order. Proof are normally e-mailed to you within 3 business days (Monday-Friday), Some proofs may take longer. The proof must be signed an returned to us before production can begin.
– Production: Each product has the production time listed. For example, if an item states 10 day production, this means 10 business days (Monday-Friday).
– Shipping: Once production for your order has been completed, it will be shipped to you. Shipping time will depend on the method that you chose during the order process.
Q: What kind of artwork do you accept?
A: Camera Ready Art is needed for all logos and artwork. Camera Ready Art is:
– Clean black and white art at 1200 dpi. If more than on color is used, the artwork must be color separated with registration marks.
– Vector based artwork saved as an .eps or .ai file with all text converted to curves or outlines, saved in PC format.
Camera ready art work is NOT business cards, letterhead, newsprint etc.
Q. I have artwork that is not in the proper format, what can I do?
A. We have an art department that can take care of your artwork needs for a nominal charge
Q: What is a screen charge or set-up charge?
A: A screen charge or set-up charge, is something the factory producing your order may charge to either make a screen that imprints your logo on the product, or to set-up the machine that will produce your order. Usually this is a one-time charge. If you were to re-order the same product again within a 1-2 year period, the screen or set-up charge in most cases would be waived.
Q: How much will shipping be for my order?
A: Shipping varies from product to product. Once you place an order you will receive an invoice containing estimated shipping charges. Actual shipping charges may vary from this estimate and will be billed accordingly.
Q: What methods of payment do you accept?
A: We accept Money Orders, Cashiers Checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express. If paying by credit card, the order must ship to the billing address associated with the credit card otherwise prepayment by Money Order or Cashiers check is required.
Q: How will the charge appear on my credit card statement?
A: Your credit card will be charged by “Kaeser & Blair Inc.” This is because Big Impression LLC is an authorized dealer for Kaeser & Blair Inc., a company that has been in the promotional products business for over 100 years.
Q: Why is sales tax applied to my order?
A: The company that we are authorized dealers for, Kaeser & Blair Inc. , has physical locations in all 50 states. Therefore we must collect sales tax in any state that imposes sales tax regulations.
Q: What are over-runs/under-runs?
A: Due to the high volume in which products are produced, there is a chance you will get a few more or a few less pieces than you ordered. This is what our industry calls over-runs/under-runs. The industry standard is +/- 5%. Some products, such as plastic bags can vary as much as +/- 30%. All over-runs are charged additionally, and you will be credited for under-runs. Exact order quantities are possible, but additional charges may apply.
Q: Do you do rush orders?
A: No. Due to many variables beyond our control, such as shipping delays, we choose do not do rush orders.
Q: What is your return/refund policy?
A: Due to the personalized nature of our products, all sales are final. We do not offer refunds on imprinted, embroidered, decorated, or blank merchandise.
All claims for defective merchandise must be submitted in writing with a sample of the merchandise within 5 business days of receipt.
Q: Can I cancel my order?
A: No guarantees can be made on orders that have been submitted to our suppliers or that have entered into production. If an order can be cancelled, a partial refund based on the production status of your order may be available. You are however responsible for all charges of completed work, including but not limited to: set-up charges, proofs, art charges, applicable restocking fees.